Do you want to be part of building a platform where creators can collaborate on music and storytelling projects, and where educators can build learning opportunities? Soundtrap is the world’s leading browser based Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Acquired by Spotify in 2017 and primarily based in our Stockholm headquarters we provide a collaborative music and podcast recording studio on the web.
As an engineer in the Studio team, you'll be working at the heart of Soundtrap's innovative browser-based DAW. We’re constantly implementing new features and improving the user experience. This is done using state-of-the-art web APIs, such as Web Audio, across all major browsers.
We are looking to bring in someone who can help raise the level of test automation expertise across the whole team, while working as an engineer alongside the other team members. In particular we want to hear from you if you have experience in finding creative solutions to uncommon automated testing challenges, such as those involving complex UI interactions and generated audio output.
We value people who are flexible and passionate about what they do. While experience in the technologies we use at Soundtrap is an advantage, if you're an enthusiastic learner and love our product as much as we do, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Implement and be responsible for features across the stack in the world’s leading browser based DAW.
- Work across a broad problem space. The team’s work can stretch from writing custom audio effects using WebAssembly, implementing new state models in Dart, or coming up with a new user interface for making music. The work varies and is always interesting!
- Drive best engineering and test automation practices within and beyond your team.
Who you are
- You are experienced in working with test automation as an integral part of the software development lifecycle.
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and are interested in working across the stack, programming languages, and with the latest HTML5 APIs (Web Audio, Web MIDI, WebRTC, etc).
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.