Research Scientist - CTRL Paris
The Paris CTRL (Creator Technology Research Lab) team conducts research to designing tools to assist artists in creating music, using the latest Artificial Intelligence techniques, as well as the huge data sets available at Spotify. The team has a strong background in AI-assisted music composition, and has already produced tools to help artists compose successful commercial music (see, e.g. the EP “American Folk Songs” by artist Skygge).
We are an energetic team, working at the cutting edge of machine learning and generative modeling and we are looking for a colleague who has a passion for creating innovative solutions to difficult research problems.
Would you like to apply your research to impact the way artists make music?
We are looking for a research scientist with a strong scientific/technical background who understands the importance of building truly useful tools.
You will join a team focused on designing, testing and implementing music generating algorithms that can be used productively by artists for reinventing music creation.
What you'll do
You’ll be joining a highly skilled, cross-functional team of talented researchers, engineers and musicians, in our awesome office in central Paris.
You’ll participate in projects aiming at bringing the power of AI to musicians of all genres and skills.
You’ll apply your scientific training typically to design and test algorithms that analyze audio or symbolic music data sets, to train machine learning models that learn how music is composed and produced, and use them to help users create new music.
You’ll work in collaboration with musicians, as well as other researchers, data scientists and engineers across Spotify and produce a wide range of results, from working prototypes to scientific papers and patents.
Who you are
- You have (or are soon to complete) a PhD in mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics, computer science, or a closely related field. You actively participate and publish in related communities.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about solving complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with a wide range of generative machine learning techniques.
- You are fluent in Python and you can build prototypes that artists can use to create music, updating your design through short cycle interactions.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think both quantitatively and strategically.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies.
Please apply with a CV in English as soon as possible through https://jobs.lever.co/spotify/2cc36dc0-a182-45e9-821b-cb751df27129?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=soundtrap. Due to Christmas, we will start reviewing all candidates mid January.