Would you like to be part of redefining how people make music and tell stories?
Soundtrap is the world’s leading browser based Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Acquired by Spotify in 2017 and primarily based in our Stockholm headquarters we provide a collaborative music and podcast recording studio on the web and mobile.
The Dreamcatcher team is making sure the Soundtrap experience on mobile devices is top notch. We currently have two apps released. The Soundtrap Studio, written in React Native and available on iOS and Android. In addition, in October 2020, we launched the Soundtrap Capture app, written in Flutter and available on iOS.
We have amazing plans to grow the apps and a lot of exciting work ahead of us and we are looking for a passionate full-stack software engineer to join our team!
What you’ll do
- Main responsibility will be to develop the Soundtrap Studio app. The app is written in React Native and the functionality consists of signup, login, profile page, audio project management, subscription flow and messaging among other things. The app also runs the Soundtrap DAW inside of a webview.
- In addition, you'll work as a valued team member in a fast-paced agile environment where you will have autonomy and ability to craft the future direction of Soundtrap’s mobile apps. You'll be greeted by a friendly, informal environment that supports your individual growth.
You will work with
- React Native on the Studio app to architect, build and scale the application. This will involve working closely with other developers and designers in order to improve the product as a whole.
- Modern Java on the server-side API
- Dart on the DAW module that runs inside a webview, fixing smaller issues with the team that owns it.
Who you are
- Someone who knows the ins and outs of React Native.
- Familiar with or have the ability to learn DART.
- Someone who demonstrably understands the languages and tools you’ve used on a deeper level.
- Able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- Passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- History of developing mobile applications natively for either Android or iOS, especially if the applications involve audio.
- Experience in Flutter.
- Experience in audio programming.
- Work in open source is a plus so that we can check out some of your contributions and get an idea on how you collaborate.
- Interest in music. Perhaps you play an instrument or just love listening to music non-stop.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.