We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Soundtrap Product insights & data team! The team is a central team of data scientists, data engineers, and user researchers supporting the Soundtrap product organization with insights & data products. The team’s mission is to democratise and enable decisions backed by insights in all steps of the product development lifecycle.
You will analyze how users are engaging with Soundtrap, define success measures, monitor performance, and make data-driven recommendations that enable the Soundtrap organization to deliver a product that delights our users. You will use sophisticated data science techniques to build meaningful insights to support the business. In this role you will also get the opportunity to build central frameworks and Way of working to further improve the data driven culture at Soundtrap!
What you’ll do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract impactful insights that will help drive Soundtrap´s strategy across creator-facing products.
- Establish learning agendas, measurement plans and success metrics in close coordination with product teams
- Drive product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of our users
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers, and others across the company
- Communicate insights and recommendations through clear visualizations and presentations.
- Contribute to the wider insights community at Spotify & Soundtrap by setting high-quality standards.
- Help build central frameworks and processes contributing to the success of the Product insights practice throughout the company!
Who you are
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics or mathematics.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You enjoy mentoring and guiding others and have actively contributed to building Data science related frameworks optimally across an organization.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
- You have proven experience working with SaaS products and product teams
- You have deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing and product launches, Bayesian techniques)
- You have strong SQL skills and programmatic expertise, like R or Python
- Experience with Docker, AWS/Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, Apache Spark/Beam
- Expertise in machine learning and data engineering concepts in production and at scale.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking: https://jobs.lever.co/spotify/...(Please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.