Spotify is hiring a Senior Developer for the Soundtrap hub
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
Our R&D department consists of a number of different teams.
This role is within the Studio team,focusing on enabling creators to create music and podcasts, and educators to create learning opportunities in the classroom. As part of the Studio team, you'll be working at the heart of Soundtrap's innovative browser-based DAW, implementing new features and improving the user experience even further.
You’ll be working with the cutting edge of several web APIs, such as Web Audio, across all major browsers.
Tasks and projects could be to improve our collaborative video chat, writing custom effects using Emscripten or WebAssembly in an AudioWorklet, or coming up with a new interface for making music. The work varies and is always interesting!
You'll participate in monthly hack days, bringing your great ideas to life.
Who you are
You care about the user experience and want to make sure that our users can flex their creative muscles without being held back by the interface.
- Good understanding of modern web development and interest in cutting edge HTML5 APIs such as Web Audio, Web MIDI and WebRTC.
- You know your way around backend code (Java in our case) and aren't intimidated by operations work. Although you'll be focused on the Soundtrap studio, you'll be responsible for writing and maintaining any required backend components (including tests!), interacting with persistence solutions (GCS and MySQL in our case) and other backend services.
- You have an interest in music. No need to be Beethoven, but it’s cool if you play an instrument or have experience in recording or creating music using other DAW software (like Ableton or GarageBand).
- You've done a bit of audio programming, maybe Web Audio, general DSP, or writing VST plugins.
- You know some functional and/or reactive programming.
- You have experience with mobile development (native or web).
- You're not scared of C++ and are able to dig into the guts of the browser Web Audio implementations when needed.
- You have experience in general application profiling using Instruments, perf or other tools.
We value people who are flexible and passionate about what they do. Experience in the technologies we use at Soundtrap is a big plus, but if you're a quick learner and love our product as much as we do, feel free to get in touch and tell us why you'd be a good fit!
You will have full autonomy over delivery where you’ll be enabled to take your features from design to production. You will work in a cross-functional team with product owners, designers and other developers, where you will have a genuine impact on the team’s decisions. In addition:
- You will develop using modern frameworks, such as Dart and Java.
- You will work in an agile environment.
- You will work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oBv78fw5&s=Soundtrap (Please be mindful to use this link and not the apply button)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.