Spotify is hiring a Senior Web Developer for the Soundtrap hub
R&D – Stockholm
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
Our R&D department consists of a number of different teams.
You’ll be joining Soundtrap’s Creator/EDU team, focusing on enabling creators to create music and podcasts, and educators to create learning opportunities in the classroom.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment, helping Spotify spearhead our exciting opportunities while being responsible for:
- Enabling users to share the music or podcasts they create.
- Making sure that content made in Soundtrap is available to as wide an audience as possible.
- Making the user experience as compelling as it can be.
- Connecting creators that share similar interests.
- Integrating Soundtrap with education systems, enabling creativity in classrooms around the world.
- Implementing payment services to drive our subscription features.
- Designing and implementing Soundtrap’s mobile app experience.
Who you are
- You’re familiar with: version control (git), REST APIs, SQL and continuous delivery.
- An interest in music. No need to be Beethoven, but it’s cool if you play an instrument or have experience in recording or creating music using other DAW software (like Ableton or GarageBand).
- Experience with software architecture and design.
- Experience in machine learning and ML frameworks.
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies/frameworks (like Angular or React).
- Experience with alternative JVM languages (like Kotlin or Scala).
- Experience of working with Web Audio.
You will have full autonomy over delivery where you’ll be enabled to take your features from design to production. You will work in a cross-functional team with product owners, designers and other developers, where you will have a genuine impact on the team’s decisions. In addition:
- You will develop using modern frameworks, such as Angular 6 and Java 11.
- You will work in an agile environment.
- You will work in a friendly, informal environment that supports your individual growth.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oFw78fwa&s=Soundtrap (Please be mindful to use this link and not the apply button)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.