Spotify is hiring a Senior C++ Audio Engineer for the Soundtrap hub
R&D - Stockholm
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced C++ developer to join Soundtrap’s Mobile team in order to help us improve our mobile audio engine on Android and iOS.
The Mobile team is a new team within Soundtrap and the initial focus for this position will be to help guide the development of our next-generation mobile audio engine.
- Lead development of the C++ audio engine to be used in Soundtrap’s upcoming mobile apps. There will be a strong focus on performance and latency in order to ensure that we provide a world-class audio creation experience on high-end devices, as well as strong support for older-generation ones as well.
- Collaborate closely with other T-shaped engineers in the team to architect, build and scale the application. This will involve working closely with front-end, back-end, and other mobile developers in order to improve the product as a whole.
- You’ll be working in a fast-paced agile environment where you will have a lot of autonomy and ability to shape the future direction of Soundtrap’s mobile apps.
- You will work in a friendly, informal environment that supports your individual growth.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced C++ developer with at least 5 years of experience, who has been involved in a number of large-scale C++ projects. Work in open source is a plus so that we can check out some of your contributions and get an idea on how you collaborate.
- You’re able to show leadership within a team and help guide more junior developers along the right path, especially as the audio engine is a core component of the app.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- You’ve been directly involved in writing or maintaining an audio engine in another application. Could be something open source like Ardour, something simpler like Audacity, or any of the proprietary DAWs.
- You’ve worked with cross-platform audio frameworks like Superpowered, portaudio or others.
- You have experience in developing mobile applications for either Android or iOS, especially if the applications involve audio.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oXSV9fwD&s=Soundtrap (please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.