Spotify is hiring a Director of Engineering to Soundtrap hub
R&D - Stockholm
What you’ll do
As the Director of Soundtrap R&D, your work will be to grow leaders and teams to create the world’s best online audio platform. This work will involve all aspects of leadership: motivating teams, developing leaders, satisfying stakeholders and collaborating with business unit leaders. You will be the bridge between business and technology, realising the business goals of the organisation by delivering value through our products and teams.
Your experience should include leading a significant and relevant software development organisation of 30-100 people within a company experiencing hyper-growth. Specific experience with developing online collaboration tools, cross-platform development, audio programming and/or music production is a plus.
Spotify’s culture encourages innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness. There is a strong focus on continuous self-improvement, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance. As a leader, you will model these values, to better enable the team to practice them in their daily work.
You will work from our Stockholm office and be part of the Soundtrap leads team and report to the Managing Director of Soundtrap.
- Lead an R&D department team of 35 people consisting of engineers, designers, product managers and managers.
- Develop, hire and enable incredible leaders
- Scale our team to 100+ people
- You will work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term roadmap to take Soundtrap to the next level as the world's best online audio collaboration platform.
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You have a broad engineering background and have deep experience in cloud-based, collaborative, cross-platform applications.
- You have a passion for music, perhaps play an instrument and/or are familiar with music production tools
- You have real-world experience leading and scaling engineering teams of 30 people or more and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You have experience leading collaboration between product managers, engineers, and designers
- You are business driven and understand how technology can enable a business
- You want to make an impact and are delivery oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking
Please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.