Spotify is hiring a Business Developer for the Soundtrap hub
What you’ll do
- You will initiate and implement partnership programs with the goal to provide the best possible value and experience to our users. This includes identifying major players within the music industry with a great fit for Soundtrap and Soundtrap’s user base, who will bring our offering within music and podcasting to the next level. You will evaluate and prioritize them, you will lead contract negotiations and be their point of contact through the partnership implementation and after launch.
- You will drive implementation of partnership programs in close cooperation with Product Managers, R&D and Marketing.
- Apart from partnerships, you will run projects such as cross-functional programs that will have a significant impact on the business, both short term and long term. These projects often involve several offices, time zones as well as both external and internal stakeholders and therefore require excellent project management skills.
- You will analyze the competitive landscape of Soundtrap from a business perspective. You will spot trends in the music scene and demands in the market as well as in our user base.
- You will develop detailed and thought through business cases and financial plans for new potential strategic business areas and provide recommendations for future investments.
- You will work closely with the product and management team on input for necessary features, product strategy, positioning for market and thought leadership.
Who you are
This role requires the right mindset and a strong hands-on-mentality. In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to build credibility, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization and keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
You probably have a background as Business Project Manager, Integration Manager, Business Developer. If coming from a small to medium sized company, you might also be a CEO or a middle manager, ideally with a music tech or music business background. Your previous titles comes second; what we do need is someone who has a proven track record of getting projects done and someone who has/is:
- Excellent business analysis skills
- Confidence, capability and experience in handling projects with varying technical, business, financial, product and legal ramifications
- Experience in leading high tech, complex projects in a multinational environment
- Proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience in handling key accounts and managing expectations from partners as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent in building, maintaining and managing relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Extremely structured, organized and great attention to detail
- Willing to get your “hands dirty” and comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast paced and international environment
- Extremely skilled at communication in English, both verbally and in writing
You are an artist in your field and have the know-how to foresee all steps and the whole workflow, which makes you very proactive. You prefer being given the goal and the purpose and then create your own strategy. You like the startup mentality and you take great pride in working with ambitious, highly talented people.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oDRubfwT&s=Soundtrap (Please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.