Spotify is hiring a Engineering manager for the Soundtrap hub
R&D - Stockholm
Does the thought of being the leader of an amazing team that builds an application that enables tens of thousands of artists to build and collaborate during their creative process every day excite you? Excellent, then we would love for you to be our new Engineering Manager for the engineering team that develops the Studio, our main music production product.
As an Engineering Manager at Soundtrap your main responsibility is to support your team by ensuring they are constantly growing as engineers while solving complex technical problems that deliver impact on our products. We also like this to happen while everyone has a fun and joyful time at work!
In essence, we are looking for someone that's passionate about developing individuals, facilitating good teamwork and building fantastic products. As a music tech company we value leaders with a solid prior background in software development since we believe this allows you to effectively support and grow your team members in their field.
What you’ll do
- Lead and grow a team of hardworking engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, inspiring, feedback and hands-on personal career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address the business needs
- Be the scrum master for the team by facilitation and effective collaboration with your product counterpart, engineers and designers
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize good engineering and organizational practices
- Help ensure that our solutions are scalable, sustainable, architecturally sound and technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time
- Be an active member of the Soundtrap R&D leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- A person that loves leading, develop and grow an engineering team and have previous experience doing so
- Someone that possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into sound technical solutions
- Very knowledgeable and passionate about modern software development
- Prior to starting your technical leadership career you have had extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You enjoy collaborating with product managers and designers to build amazing products
- You understand that every individual has their specific needs and can adapt your leadership style accordingly
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play (good or bad!) an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking: https://jobs.lever.co/spotify/... (please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.