Spotify is hiring a Data Scientist for the Soundtrap hub
R&D - Stockholm
What you’ll do
- Based in a newly formed Product Insights team you will work with a wide variety of partners from designers and product managers to business developers and engineering teams to help define and uncover insights for product development
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed with direct impact on product decisions
- With a curious mindset investigate and explore new tools, methods and practices to develop the discipline within Product Insights at Soundtrap and Spotify
- Get the opportunity to work with a team with short decision cycles, keen on balancing creativity with delivery and with a high impact on how the Soundtrap product is developed!
Who you are
- You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or another quantitative discipline
- You have an understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
- You have experience with analytics tools (SQL, BigQuery, Pandas, R or SPSS) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You have experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Looker or R shiny to present insights in an appealing way
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
It is a plus if you
- Have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python or Scala)
- Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking: https://jobs.lever.co/spotify/46fd0cb2-795e-4825-a0a2-831b08b50bda (please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.