Do you want to be part of building a platform where creators can collaborate on music and storytelling projects, and where educators can build learning opportunities?As an engineer in the Studio team, you'll be working at the heart of Soundtrap's innovative browser-based DAW. We’re constantly implementing new features and improving the user experience. This is done using state-of-the-art web APIs, such as Web Audio, across all major browsers.
What you'll do
- Implement and take responsibility for features across the stack in the world’s leading browser based DAW, written in Dart.
- You'll be improving our collaborative video chat, writing custom audio effects using WebAssembly in an AudioWorklet, or coming up with a new user interface for making music. The work varies and is always interesting!
- Work in an agile fashion in a startup like environment.
Who you are
- Someone who cares about user experiences and wants to make sure that our users can flex their creative muscles without being held back by the interface.
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and an interest in the latest HTML5 APIs including Web Audio, Web MIDI and WebRTC.
- Having worked on backend systems is a plus, especially Java, since we expect our engineers to be able to implement features throughout the stack. While the main focus is the Studio, we're also responsible for related backend components.
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance.
- We value people who are flexible and passionate about what they do. Experience in the technologies we use at Soundtrap is a big plus, but if you're a quick learner and love our product as much as we do, feel free to get in touch and tell us why you'd be a good fit!
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible by clicking: https://jobs.lever.co/spotify/21feb783-6f79-47f3-a553-ae5b1924433b (please be mindful to use the link and not the apply button).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.